- Good Planning – This may seem obvious, but go to the toilet before you run, don’t over hydrate, and know where public bathrooms are accessible on your route.
- Kegel Exercises – Strengthening your pelvic floor muscles with Kegel exercises is often a doctor’s first suggestion for treating incontinence. It’s important to do them correctly and often enough. ELITONE® helps with that!
- Form Adjustments – Each running step puts pressure on your pelvic floor muscles and bladder, causing leaks. Work on reducing the bounce in your stride to reduce this pressure. Running with a slight forward lean can activate your core and keep everything in place.
- Clothing – Compression running pants can support the lower abdomen and keep your core under control.
- Vaginally Inserted Therapies – These include inserted weights (e.g. Jade Egg), sensors that tell you whether you’re doing Kegels correctly, and muscle stimulators that exercise your pelvic floor for you. Here are a few available devices
- External Stimulation – Newly developed , FDA-cleared devices like ELITONE exercise your pelvic floor muscles without needing to insert anything vaginally. The device won an important “Best New Product Award”.
- Surgery – For the most bothersome cases of incontinence your doctor may recommend a surgery to create more support for your pelvic floor and bladder.
Treat Your Leaks with ELITONE®
Run without Leaking
Tired of pads being a must-have for every run? We get that. With ELITONE you’ll notice fewer leaks in as few as 6 weeks. In a recent study, 95% of women reported a reduction in leaks. Isn’t it time to run without worry?
Professional-level treatment without the doctor visits.
FDA-cleared, ELITONE exercises your pelvic floor for you in the safest, most efficient way possible. Gentle, low-frequency pulses make all the difference. ELITONE is 100% external – nothing goes inside you.
Designed to fit conveniently into your life.
Wear the comfortable GelPads under your clothes for 20-minute sessions, while working, cooking, or pretty much anytime. Adjust the treatment level and forget about it. ELITONE empowers YOU to be in control of your pelvic floor health.
Why am I leaking?
Your pelvic floor muscles act as a base that supports many of your internal organs, including your bladder. With each running stride you put tremendous pressure on these muscles. If these muscles are weak, a little bit of urine can squeeze past them with every step. During a long run these muscles can become completely fatigued, resulting in even larger leaks.
Will it get worse?
Left untreated, stress incontinence typically gets worse. Think of your pelvic floor like any other muscle. If you don’t exercise it, it gets weaker and weaker. Unfortunately, many women ignore their incontinence, thinking its a natural part of aging. It’s not, and it should be treated.
Should I stop running?
If your symptoms are relatively mild there is no reason to stop exercising. What is important is that you pursue treatment. If you have severe incontinence it’s a good idea to discuss it with your healthcare provider to determine if exercise is making your incontinence worse.